Monday, March 10, 2008

On belts and brains

Your brain and stomach are in a relationship. For years, your stomach has been in charge, and always got it's way. Now your mind has taken control. But every once in a while, your stomach creeps in, and says in a tiny voice, "Can't I just have..." Your brain has to be the one who says, "SHUDDAP, BITCH! I'm in charge here!"

I love getting support like this! For some reason, it works so much better than the tired, "You're doing such a great job!" Of course, I told him that I was terrified that if I gave in to my stomach just once, that it would come roaring back like an angry husband. Because of course my stomach is the man of the house, and my brain is the barefoot and pregnant wife in the kitchen.

In general, it was just a really hard week. I did everything the way I was supposed to, ate right, exercised, and didn't lose a pound or an inch. Of course, my pants nearly fell off of me this morning, but that's small consolation. It just reminds me that I can't afford new pants! Really, I'm still planning on losing many, many more sizes, so I don't want to constantly buy a new pair every time I lose a size. I'd rather invest in a belt. Which would then get too big for me as well. Maybe I should just buy pants a size too small. For a month they would be too small, for a month they would be almost just right, for two weeks they would fit great, and then they would start to be too big, which I could probably live with for about a month. That would get me to the summer, when I can start to wear skirts! And then my skirts would all be too big.

No comments: