Thursday, March 27, 2008

Had two holy shit moments in one day.

1. I think I saw the beginnings of my collarbone. This has never happened in the history of ever.
2. Next Tuesday makes 8 weeks of this craziness. 8 weeks may not seem like a long time, but I'm pretty sure this classifies as the a. longest and b. most successful try in my life.

When I was around 11, my mother put me on a very extreme diet that lasted for the summer. I lost quite a bit of weight (30 pounds?) but I basically obsessed about food all the time because I wasn't allowed to have anything. Breakfast was toast. Lunch was an apple, 1 oz of pretzels, and a diet soda. Dinner was 3 oz of baked chicken and an ear of corn. For a whole summer, I basically starved. It couldn't last, and didn't. I haven't had a successful (more than a few weeks or a few pounds) since.

What kills me is I don't know why this time is different, I just know that it is. I can't question it, I just have to accept it.

No comments: