Saturday, March 15, 2008

I'm on a (very) mini-vacation in NYC, which has been a lot of fun and offered a much needed respite from things. Last night, I had the most incredible dinner, and didn't count a single calorie. I refuse to feel guilty over this for two reasons: 1. I have not lost any weight for almost 2 weeks, and some (unconventional) advice is that you spend a day or two going over your calories in order to shock your system back into losing weight, and 2. I actually chose very "healthy" things to indulge on.

That being said, maybe I do feel guilty. Not guilty, but frightened. That this will be the beginning of the end, that I will start to slip up. I kept saying, "Oh, I don't give a damn, I'm going to eat anything I want." And of course I cared. Of course I cared. It didn't stop me from eating, though. And maybe the advice of eating more calories was just my excuse to eat whatever I wanted on vacation.

And maybe I should just shut up and realize that it is vacation, and that one day won't break me. I've spent the last 6 weeks developing better eating habits, and I should have just the tiniest bit of faith in myself.

1 comment:

Gonna Get Skinny said...

Jess,

Do Not feel guilty for having splurged on vacation!!! I know what you are saying about being scared that you are going to slip back into old eating habits...well for one because I am exactly the same way and I let it happen to me a few weeks ago. The thing I learned is that it won't happen if you don't let that mentality consume you!! Sounds too easy right...well it takes a lot of effort to keep positive and keep thinking in a forward motion...but I tell you what, your positive outlook and encouragement a little over a week ago really got me out of my rut and I've managed to keep going over a week...Changing ourselves really is possible and it all starts with a little positive thinking!!! :=) Keep up the good work!!!