Monday, February 21, 2011

The statistics for keeping weight off are about as depressing as statistics come. This study found that after 2 years, only 20% of people were still at their goal weight. I should not be surprised that I am in the vast majority.

And yet, I had hoped I would be different. Since I did everything the "right" way, I wanted to believe that those statistics would not apply to me.

Three years ago, I thought that I would only use this blog for a short time. Because, you see, it was all about the goal. Getting to my magic number, and then never looking back. Rereading a few entries, I am shocked to see how...unsatisfied I am. I got to my goal, and my opinion of myself didn't change. So why maintain the goal? The habits that I worked so hard to break are back, and I am ashamed.

I was fat for more than 20 years. This is a struggle that will continue for the rest of my life.

No comments: