Thursday, October 9, 2008

The last 10-20 pounds that you have to lose is the hardest. If you need to lose 40 pounds, and you lost the first 20 pounds in 3 months, it will take you twice as long (or even longer!) to lose the next 20, because you're so close to where your body wants you to be. Well, it was bound to happen. 19 pounds from my goal, and losing weight has slowed to a crawl. 3 weeks to lose 1 pound. At this rate, it will be another year before I'm finished. I wanted to be done by February! I should blame myself at least a little--I haven't been to the gym in what seems like forever. I'm letting my life get to me--I'm stressed out over my job, and when I come home I don't want to do anything, especially go to the gym. I wish I had someone to go with, or could come up with a new routine, or somehow rid myself of the feeling that everyone is watching me as I barely manage to lift a paltry amount of weight.

I should really just shut up already. 47 pounds in 8 months is about 1.5 pounds a week--that's a damn good clip. If it slows down, who cares, as long as it keeps coming off, right?

No comments: