Thursday, February 21, 2008

Fat Girl Rules:

1. Never eat in front of people.
1a. If you are forced to eat in front of people, never eat until you are full. Do not eat anything that can be viewed as unhealthy.
2. Never say you are hungry.
3. Do not wear tight clothing.
4. Do not tuck in your shirt.
5. Do not wear short skirts.
6. Do not wear strappy sandals.
7. Wear a t-shirt to the beach and to the pool.
8. Go clothes shopping alone.
9. Go grocery shopping first thing in the morning or late at night.
10. Always have a jacket with you.


You already know these rules if you're a fat girl. You know why these rules exist. No one tells you what they are, you just know. These rules got me through high school. But I'm not a kid anymore. Why do I let these rules run my life when I'm 25 years old?

I'm not fat because of my genes, because of hormones, because of my mother, because I have a slow metabolism. I'm fat because I eat the wrong things, I eat too much, and I don't like to exercise. So to get un-fat, I need to eat less, eat the right things, and get off of my couch and into the gym.

I want to be able to buy clothes off the rack. I want my size of my shirts to be a single letter. And I never want to throw out another favorite pair of jeans because of holes in the thighs.

No comments: